What’s the difference?
Before we dive into Polyflow vs. Weglot comparison, let's start with a little introduction to both tools.
Polyflow is an innovative Webflow specialized translation tool that helps you translate your Webflow page into multiple languages. By installing Polyflow Google Chrome Extension and connecting it to your Webflow account, you can translate your page in minutes. It takes 5 to 15 minutes to set up a new page, depending on the volume of your page content.
Weglot is a multilingual SaaS tool offering user-friendly functionality to help its users translate websites in 113 languages. By leveraging the power of a custom API solution, Weglot has yet helped translate over 30,000 websites. Compatible with all CMS out there, it is a convenient solution for every website builder you or your clients use.
Polyflow vs. Weglot at a glance
See a side-by-side comparison between Linguana and Polyflow in the table beneath. Learn about the primary benefits and drawbacks of the two tools by comparing some of the main features.
Polyflow is Webflow-dedicated Chrome Exensison, while Weglot supports all CMS.
As you already know by now, both Weglow and Polyflow are translation tools that can be viable solutions to scale your page to new markets. However, it is important to understand that these two tools fundamentally run on fundamentally different software.
First, Polyflow is a Chrome extension that is specifically designed for Webflow. Its core functionality enables Webflow users to drag all the content out of their Webflow CMS instance to translate it into one of the 120 supported languages.
Seamless integration with Webflow allows users to update and manage translations in real time as they change their website design. Webflow users can thus focus on creating content and design without worrying about manually coding a complex setup to execute a localization strategy.
Weglot works by automatically detecting the content on a website and translating it into the selected languages. The tool makes a copy of your website, meaning the underlying CMS does not impact the translation process at all.
Once the users integrate it with their website, Weglot automatically translates this content to multiple languages that can be later post-edited if it needs to be.
Polyflow is easier to use, while Weglot offers more in-depth features
One of the main advantages of using Polyflow is its simplicity. The tool provides a user-friendly interface that simplifies the translation process and makes managing translations for individual pages and elements easy.
Polyflow is a no-code tool enabling users to use it without writing a single line of code. Once the translations are complete, Polyflow generates a URL for each language, allowing visitors to switch to a preferred language.
Weglot offers a variety of features and is thus a popular choice among larger companies and enterprises. The tool does not provide only instant machine translation. Companies with larger budgets can also link with professional human translators to translate highly specialized and formal content.
Additionally, Weglot offers a wide variety of additional features:
- API integration
- Localized customer journey
- Visitors auto-redirection
Weglot users can track their translation projects via a custom translation management dashboard. This single interface helps users track, view and edit their translation and simultaneously manage multiple languages.
Setting up Polyflow
Setting up Polyflow is a straightforward and quick process that does not require much dedicated time or resources. Here are the steps you can follow to set up and run this tool:
- Open Google Chrome and find Polyflow on the Chrome Web Store.
- In the search bar, type "Polyflow" and press enter. Alternatively, you can follow this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/polyflow-website-localiza/hklggmnjilidgfogbmjojkghdgcoiiib
- Click on the "Add to Chrome" button and confirm the installation.
- Once installed, the Polyflow icon should appear in your Chrome toolbar.
- To start using Polyflow, open the Webflow project you want to translate in the Chrome browser.
- Click on the Polyflow icon in the toolbar to open the Polyflow panel.
- In the Polyflow panel, select the languages you want to translate your website into.
- To translate your content, click on the element or page you want to translate and enter the translation in the corresponding language field in the Polyflow panel.
- Once you have completed all translations, click on the "Publish" button to make the translated website live.
Setting up Weglot
Since Weglot is not a Chrome extension, the installation process will take a slightly different route. Setting up and installing it is still a simple process but requires a bit more technical knowledge. Here are the steps you can follow to set up and run Weglot:
- Go to the Weglot website (https://weglot.com/) and sign up for a free trial account by clicking the Get Started for Free button.
- Follow the instructions to sign up.
- Once you have signed up, you will land on the Weglot dashboard.
- Click Add Website button to add your site by providing the details like name and URL.
- Select your site's original language and the languages you want to translate your site into.
- Pick between machine translation or professional human translation to pick the translation method.
- Once you complete the setup, Weglot will provide you with a code snipped to add to your website. The code snippet allows Weglot to automatically detect and translate the content on your website.
- Copy the code snippet and paste it into the header section of your website.
- Save your changes and refresh your website to make the Weglot language switcher appear on your website.
- Once your website is live, you can log in to your Weglot dashboard to manage your translations, review machine-translated content, and order professional human translations if needed.
How Polyflow and Weglot compare in price
When choosing between Polyflow and Weglot, you must understand their pricing models. No matter how good the translation tool is, it must fit into your budget.
Polyflow's pricing is based on a subscription model and offers two different paid pricing plans. The first paid plan starts at $19 per month for up to 500 pages and offers a custom domain, the ability to translate to all supported languages, and email support. For larger websites, companies can choose a plan for $49 per month. This plan allows users to translate an unlimited number of pages and instant live chat support.
In contrast, Weglot's pricing is based on the number of words that you need to translate. Weglot offers 6 different pricing plans. The basic plan starts at $15 per month for up to 10,000 words of machine-translated content, with the option to add a professional human translation for an additional cost. The pricing scales up based on the number of words you need to translate and stop with the Extended plan at $699 per month.
Polyflow vs. Weglot: Which one is best for you?
In the end, both Polyflow and Weglot are powerful website translation tools that can help you convert into multiple languages. While both serve the same purpose, each tool has its unique features and advantages.
If you are a single Webflow user or a small Webflow agency and want a simple and easy-to-use solution to convert your page into multiple languages, Polyflow is a great fit for you. Its Chrome extension makes it quick and easy to translate your website, and its affordable pricing plans are a great bang for your buck as a small company.
If you don't want to limit yourself to Webflow and work with other CMS as well, or if you run a big company with more rigorous translation needs, Weglot may be the better choice. Weglot offers a wide variety of features including professional human translation and can be an excellent tool for executing your Localization strategy.
Ultimately, the choice between Polyflow and Weglot will depend on your needs, budget, and goals you want to accomplish. Take your time to evaluate the pros and cons of each tool, and if you are still unsure as to what to pick, we have a third option as well!
Consider Linguana, a multi-language SaaS exclusively for Webflow. Built with SEO in mind, Linguana helps get you discovered and rank on top of Google in 189 different languages!